Monday, November 17, 2008

Loving Annabelle... and me

I love "Loving Annabelle." And I was obsessed with it, when I got the DVD. I saw it EVERY DAY. Actually I saw at least once every day the first week – or two. Eventually I just skipped to the good parts (and refused to watch the ending - I'm over that now...)
Why was I so obsessed you might ask (well I suppose you don't - that would involve reading this post - but I asked myself then)?

1. Erin Kelly is hot! Duh!
2. Diane Gaidry is hot (and I'm not usually into blondes! Except for my first serious crush...)!
3. Several hot scenes!

4. I could relate to the story.
Not the boarding school-story.
Not the ‘I am a rebellion teenager’-story. (Well maybe just a bit…)
Certainly to the ‘I have a huge crush on my hot teacher’-story (Oh yeah..).
But I think my main obsession was with Simone’s story. Not the ‘I have a crush on my way younger student’ part of the story but her realization of her own desires – the ones who involve women. When she realizes that she’s allowed to be herself. That she’s allowed to be happy.
I WAS Simone in that story. All the way down to the very, very, very bad sex with the boyfriend. The look on her face during that scene (and it was brilliant acting. Brilliant!). It just… That was how I felt.
Now you might ask (or I did) why were you with a guy in the first place? Well I was not just ‘with him’. We actually were married… Not the happiest time of my life. What can I say? I did what I thought was expected of me – being a good girl and all. Well it’s a long story – a longer story than that. Maybe I’ll write more about that later…
Back to Simone… Or me…
I went through a journey much similar to Simone's.
From vague realization to denial to really big eye opener. And in between lots of major or minor crushes. But not recognized as such. More like: She looks hot - maybe I just want to own her clothes...? Or She's really cute - maybe I just want her as my friend...? Nah. Who was I kidding?

Anyway. I guess that was why I was obsessed this particular movie.

On a sidenote my first obsession with a gaymovie was with "Imagine Me And You". If you look beside the coming out story (and the hot women) it has a bit of denial and realization in it. Again. Relating! And obsession!

1 comment:

FlickChicks said...

Loving Annabelle's awesome! but I actually like the other characters more like Colins, Kirsten and so on!! well especially colins^^