Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What's your type...?

Someone recently asked me what my type is. My answer was "I don't think I have one..."
But it got me thinking.

My first crush was this tall - very tall - girl with long darkbrown hair and piercing blue eyes. And a ton of freckles. She was so cute. This was 4th grade. And she had just transfered to my school. My age.

My second crush - the really big one (it haunted me for years) - was my 7th grade English-teacher. And it wasn't just me. It was more or less the entire class.
She had darkblond hair. Blue eyes. Very pretty smile. Glasses. And older than my mom! But I adored her. I can't describe it. And everybody respected her (not any of our other teachers had that privilige...)

So far notting similar. But...

Since then most of my crushes:
- Have been slightly older than me (allthough a few have been younger)
- Have had dark hair (dark as possible - almost black)
- Have had dark eyes (brownish)
- Have been taller than me


And they have been authorities. Not like in lawyers or police or... But.. It's hard to explain. I guess it's a respect thing. Or a 'in control' kind of thing. I don't know.


The difference between those similar crushes has been that in a lot af them it was an immediate interest/attraction. Or sometimes it started as friendship and somewhere along the way I found myself attracted to them. (But I've never acted on it - I'm such a...)


So I guess I do have a type. But I don't go around thinking "Oh she's got green eyes. That's a no go!" (Well apparently I do think that - but it's not because of her eyes...)
I think its a coincidence what my type is. I see the whole person. Not just the hair colour, or the colour of her eyes. Otherwise I might have caught up on the fact that I apparently have a type, don't you think?

Maybe it's just that my type is girls?

No comments: