Monday, June 8, 2009

Memory Monday:

Toys I used to play with as a kid.

Most of them were simple, didn't require any batteries or other source of power - only a great deal of imagination :o)

Like:


The Slinky

As I recall it only came in two versions.
The plain



And the rainbow







The Footbag or the Hacky Sack





The yo-yo



There were a lot of tricks to those.
We used hours and hours to perfect the tricks, and only by watching and learning from each other.
Today you can learn all the cool tricks by watching a video










The Roller skates - quad skates, not inliners.















And finally the Hula hoop



I never could swirl more than 3 at a time.

But some are much more talented.





Many of these seem to have had their revivals. Some more than once.

The only difference between now and then seems to be the layouts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what? you can't twirl a thousand hula hoops at once? i am disappointed :)

Natazzz said...

OMG I think I had almost all of those toys!

Even those exact pair of rollerskates...and oh how I loved my slinky lol.

I still own a Rubix cube, and I still can't solve it...

Random said...

Meg Oh, I'm sure you are ;o)

Natazzz I think that's why I enjoyed the Rubrik's snake more... not that much solving involved :o)
I did solve my Rubrik's cube once...but I'm pretty sure it was an accident :o)