Monday, August 3, 2009

Memory Monday:

Memory Monday:

Growing up I watched A LOT of Eddie Murphy movies.

The Golden Child (1986):

Trailer:



One of my favorite scenes from the movie:

The Dancing Can:



The bowl of oatmeal with blood in it and the scary looking guy (that never spoke a word, but wore some kind of a shade hat I think… Fu maybe? ) those were some of the things that were the worst of the movie when I saw it the first time)

Coming to America (1988):

Trailer:



Eddie Murphy playing multiple roles:



(This was actually on the television Friday or Saturday evening. I didn’t see it though.)


Beverly Hills Cop (1984):

Trailer:



I’ve always preferred the second movie. When I was younger it was mainly because Brigitte Nielsen played the ‘bad guys sidekick’ – and she’s Danish… - but today it’s because I like the whole dynamics between the characters.



(I found a “Behind the Scenes” video too…)


And then there’s Shrek (2001):



I’m not sure that Shrek would be as funny if the characters had been any different. I mean the voices of Eddie Murphy as Donkey, Mike Myers as Shrek, Cameron Diaz as Fiona and last but not least (even though it’s not before the second movie) Antonio Banderas as Puss in Boots. They are just a funny bunch.

(Btw. Shrek 2 also has the voice of Julie Andrews as Queen. I'd say that it doesn't get any better than that, but now I'm sidetracking myself from what I really intended to write about. I might have to address the issue of Shrek - and other animated movies - in a later blog post...)

As far as Eddie Murphy’s newer movies go…I haven’t really watched any of them (except for the Shrek movies and Dr. Doolittle…) or maybe it’s more true to say that I haven’t attempted to watch any of them. Perhaps I will some day.

No comments: