Monday, August 17, 2009

Memory Monday:

I hope you all had a great weekend!

And I'm giving you more – if only a few – song from the 80s.

The first song is special to me in a way that’s difficult to explain, but I’m gonna give it a try…
After my paternal grandmother died (when I was about 11) my dad told me that it was her favorite song. Or at least one of them. I liked it before she died but that piece of information just made me like it even more. I don’t know why but I got the idea that it probably meant that my grandmother was my guardian angel! In my young mind that made totally sense at the time :-) (Well considering I thought that it was my fault she died (which it wasn’t - she died from a stroke – but that’s a totally different story) then maybe it’s not that weird at all….and then again…) Anyway. The song.

Guardian Angel – Masquerade (1984):




Back when lyrics were easy to remember…

Words Don’t Come Easy – F.R. David (1987):





This is one of those songs I remember but I don’t really remember the lyrics after all… At least not all of them.

Don’t You Want Me – Human League (1982):





I still like this one.

Everybody Wants To Rule The World – Tears For Fears (1985):

And they are still going strong :-)




And finally a song where the lyrics makes no sense at all :-)
This one is made by a Swedish band.

Hubba Hubba Zoot Zoot – Caramba (1981):


In case you want to know the actual lyrics to this one… :-)
Hubba hubba zoot-zoot
Nam!
Ebba obba zat-zat
Nam!
Pa huvee, pa huvee. paa
Pahab huvee paa
A nam nam?
A nam!


Have a great Monday :-)

No comments: