Monday, August 31, 2009

Memory Monday:

Recently there was an interview on Danish television with Sannie Carlson.

In 1994 she was the first artist ever to be number 1 in the UK singles chart with a debut single. That achievement gave her a place in the Guinness Book of Records.

Most of you probably know her better under the name Whigfield.

And all though she made a lot of music back in the 90s I have to say I only remember two of her songs:

Whigfield – Saturday Night (1994)


Whigfield – Think of You (1995)


Now there’s been a lot of remixes of her songs lately, and in the interview I mentioned earlier she said that she was working on some songs that she will perform herself. She’s been living in Italy for quite a lot of years where she’s writing and composing music for others.

Sannie Carlson anno 2009:


But I need to honest. I’m not equally as thrilled about her (possible) upcoming album as I was to hear that The Cranberries are reuniting :-)

Have a great Monday!

No comments: