Monday, March 2, 2009

Memory Monday.

Growing up I listened to a lot of different music. In the early years it was mostly ABBA, The Mamas & the Papas or The Carpenters (and I still know their songs by heart...).

I was a very - moody is probably not the best word to describe myself, but for now it has to do - teenager. All the music I listened to reflected my mood. And for some reason I was never quite happy in my teens...

The Cranberries
"Zombie" and "Linger" were my favorites


4 Non Blondes
"What's Up?"


Laura Branigan
I still listen to "Self-Control".

The Danish band Infernal made a cover of the song (a pretty good one).

Limahl
"Never Ending Story" is one of my all time favorite songs - but I'm sure that's connected with the movie....


Queen
"Bohemian Rhapsody" is to me one of the most beautiful songs in the world, but I like most of Queen's songs.


Wham
I know they made a lot of great songs, but the one people always seem to remember is "Last Christmas".


Sinead O’Connor
"Nothing Compares 2 U" is a given, but "Sacrifies" is brilliant as well (Elton John wrote it)

No comments: