Monday, March 30, 2009

Memory Monday:

It's the short version...
And without a whole lot of pictures....


When I got my first job, all I cared about was the paycheck…
And what did I do with my first paycheck?
I bought a pair of Doc Martens boots!



So what was my first job? (And by ‘first job’ I mean anything that wasn’t babysitting… - and in which I got an actual paper telling me that I was hired, and how many hours I'd worked...)
I worked as a maid at the local hotel… Meeting a lot of..uhm..interesting people.
But it was fun. And educating. And most of all I earned some money. Not a lot really.

Actually I spend my entire first paycheck on that pair of Doc Martens. But they were so worth it!

(I still have them…)


But that was also when I wore braided bracelets.




And the leather necklace with the peace sign.




It's weird how many memories that come to mind when you find a pair of old boots...
I might actually still have some of those bracelets somewhere... Hmmm...

Not that keen on throwing anything out - as you might be able to tell...

Enjoy your Monday :o)

1 comment:

Natazzz said...

I bought my first pair of DM boots when I was 17 and I wore them almost exclusively for about a decade.

Even now I have a pair of black DM's in my closet.