Friday, January 23, 2009

Forgotten or FANtastic Friday...

Now I know the title is silly (and weird), but it's only because I just realized that I couldn't put Buffy the Vampire Slayer in my Memory Monday. I know it's my blog and I can do what the h*ll I want with it, but it wouldn't seem fair. To all the other movies/series I mean. After all, I was 20 when Buffy aired. Not exactly my childhood - not even my teens - but I have always been a sucker for fantasy (hence my Harry Potter fascination..) - and vampires (although in this case I was more into Slayers and Witches... Why is it that witches are all nerdy and bookworm-y like Hermione Willow? Geez I guess I'm a witch!)

I loved all of the characters! Some more than others, of course.



And - as many others - I loved the Willow/Tara-storyline.









And I was devastated when Tara was killed - however (and I know I might get hit for this *ducks and takes cover*), I kind of liked the whole Willow/Kennedy-storyline too.
I know it's a given, that every time you (as a writer) have a lesbian character in a movie or a series (apparently) you are bound to either kill or impregnate them (Bound - see... I made a joke. Kind of?!? ‘cuz nothing like that happened in that movie), but from the perspective of the whole Willow-goes-mad-and-we-have-to-rescue-the-world, it sort of kind of made sense (I mean, it's about vampires and zombies and other weird creatures...).
Getting back to Willow/Kennedy.
If Willow were to have another love interest it made sense to me, that she wasn't like Tara. It made sense that Kennedy was to stir up Willows world, and make her feel again.






But of course - their stories are not the only ones I found interesting. You have to keep a little Faith:





And maybe writing a blogpost in the middle of the night isn't that great an idea...
Bah. Just enjoy the pictures then.

No comments: