Monday, January 19, 2009

Memory Monday.

With a few not so forgotten childhood movies/series and some almost forgotten.

Never Ending Story:
I know I have mentioned this movie before.
Actually I thought it was a pretty dramatic and emotional movie. I felt so sad when Artax (the horse) was drawn into the Swamps of Sadness (the mud). Mostly because it was Atreyu’s friend, not because it was a horse. I never was into horses growing up. I wanted a monkey in stead ;o)
First time I saw the movie, I couldn’t tell if Atreyu was a boy or a girl (I was equally confused the first time I saw Karate Kid – boy or girl?). I related to Bastian growing up.
Wikipedia.



Sound Of Music:
I just love musicals.
For a long time we had this family tradition (during my childhood). Dec. 23rd we decorated the Christmas tree and watch Sound of Music. Good times.
I both wanted Maria and to be Maria – not because she wore beautiful clothes(?!?) or fell in love with Christopher Plummer. I just really liked her singing and her looks/behavior. (And I still love to watch Julie Andrews in any movie (including Mary Poppins and Princess Diaries I and II), although I have to admit… It’s so long time ago I watched Victor/Victoria I can’t even remember what it’s about. Note to self: RENT IT)



Labyrinth:
With David Bowie and Jennifer Connolly – another movie I previous mentioned on this blog, so I won’t get into details on this. I just wanted to bring it up because during my search for movies I used to love, I couldn’t quite find the next movie. Somehow I had gotten Jennifer Connolly and Mia Sara mixed up. Go figure.



Legend:
I didn’t care much for Tom Cruise (even then), but I loved the unicorn and Mia Sara.
I don’t remember much of this movie. I remember Oona and Gump, and of course the Dark Lord, and that Tom Cruise (Jack) had to save (Lili) Mia Sara so that he could marry her (why oh why?), and I remember the dark and scary place where the Dark Lord kept Lili prisoner.
Maybe another to rent?




North and South ( Book I, II, III):
I have always been interested in history and I know that some of what’s portrayed in this series most likely isn’t accurate history, but I still loved it. Maybe it had something to do with the dresses. Now, maybe they didn’t show much of the entire body but what they did show… I mean the focus was indeed on the…erhm…front of the women. Cleavage everywhere.
There were a lot of women in the series, but I will just mention 3 of them.

First: Lesley-Anne Down. The woman of Patrick Swayze’s dreams (I liked her as well. And I was cheering for Orry Main instead of her not-so-nice-douchbag-of-a-husband)



Second: Wendy Kilbourne. She was the woman of my dreams (I wish I had taken this trip down Memory Lane before posting the Hot Blondes-thing – Hot Blonde!). She was cute, loving, believable, strong, amazing and had the most wonderful Irish accent (I have this thing for Irish and/or British accents in case you didn’t know already). I’m not able to determine whether or not it was a real accent but it sounded so cute.
She also starred in Midnight caller (“Good night America, wherever you are”) another of my favorites (especially after Wendy Kilbourne joined).




Third: Kirstie Alley is, well Kirstie Alley. What I remember most about her in the series is her piercing blue eyes. Those were the most amazing eyes I’ve ever seen.
I still like Kirstie Alley. I think she’s a funny lady. I don’t care if she “goes Oprah” with her weight.



And btw. I am so not done yet.
Memory Monday will return....

No comments: