Monday, January 12, 2009

Memory Monday.

Apparently I have had too much time off lately. I say this because I've been 'walking down Memory Lane' and I've found a lot of movies and series from my childhood I had 'forgotten' all about. And by childhood I also mean early teens.
There are too many for just one post. So here's part one.

Beauty and the Beast:
Info from wikipedia.
No. I’m not talking about the Disney cartoon version. I’m talking about a series with Linda Hamilton in the lead (as Beauty of course – Ron Pearlman was the Beast).
I paid some attention to Linda Hamilton in the first Terminator, but I totally fell in love with her in Beauty and the Beast. I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t think the world of the show today (as it has happened to pretty much every movie or series I loved when I was a kid), but I did then.

Really? A show about a woman (attorney), who is scared for life (during an abduction gone bad) and survives only because a man – who is part lion, and lives in the underground with a whole bunch of other (odd) people - takes you to the underground and nurses you until you are well again. And then you frequently pay visits to them afterwards. Mainly because said lion-man is the sole protector of the city, even though he is scary as hell when he goes all lion on you.


Anyway. Moving on.
The next I saw of Linda Hamilton, was when she starred in Terminator 2: Judgment Day . And oh boy. Those arms.

It's not that I don't remember this one. I just LOVED Linda Hamilton in it. This is one crazy chick that's hot (maybe Ilene Chaiken should have paid attention to this movie....). I especially love the scene when she's working out in her cell.

The Karen Carpenter Story:
Karen Carpenter was portrayed by Cynthia Gibb.
Now I know this doesn’t seem like a childhood movie, but I was barely a teenager, when I first saw it. Considering that The Carpenters were the first group I idolized (besides ABBA – I was a strange kid…) and the fact that I knew every song by heart (I still know most of them by heart), this was THE movie to watch. Strangely enough the whole thing with Karen Carpenters suicide came as a surprise to me. I thought she was alive and well. It was a bit of a shock.


Gremlins:
I loved this movie for two reasons. Gizmo the Mogwai and Phoebe Cates.
Now who didn't want one of these.


Phoebe Cates was more famous for her role in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High", I guess (I think it had something to do with a pool and a bikini - and it was a pretty good scene as well right up to the point where Judge Reinhold spoiled it), but I loved her in Gremlins.



Will be continued....

1 comment:

MFL said...

Hey! I loved beauty and the beast. Never missed an episode

just loved the way he said katherine. fabulous show

Webmaster
Lesbian Movies reviewed with Trailers