Tuesday, January 13, 2009

What's your astro sign?

And does its description fit you?
Just another random thought.

Here's mine:

Aries (The Ram) (cardinal, fire, personal): Keyword: "I am". The Aries person is assertive, brave, energetic, kind, action-oriented, intelligent, individualistic, independent, impulsive, full of strength, competitive, eager, straightforward, forceful, headstrong, pioneering, a leader, focused on the present and freedom-loving. They can also sometimes be intemperate, violent, impatient, fiery, rash, extreme, and arrogant. Suitable occupations are where initiative and enterprise are needed, and preferably physical activity; such as entrepreneurs, businessmen, soldiers, sportspeople and explorers. In medical astrology Aries governs the head and skull. In astrology Aries is ruled by the planet Mars. The sun sign dates for Aries are March 21 — April 19. The fire form of Aries is a wildfire, an uncontrolled fire. Therefore, commonly known as the most dangerous of the twelve signs.
So I'm dangerous...?!? WTF?

What I can agree on is "The Aries person is assertive, brave, energetic, kind, action-oriented, intelligent, individualistic, independent, impulsive, full of strength, competitive, eager, straightforward, forceful, headstrong, pioneering, a leader, focused on the present and freedom-loving." ;o) But the whole "preferably physical activity; such as entrepreneurs, businessmen, soldiers, sportspeople and explorers". Not my kind of thing. I hate sports. Exploring maybe (I did want to be the female version of Indiana Jones aka Tomb Raider, when I grew up). And the only thing I can absolutely agree on in the "They can also sometimes be intemperate, violent, impatient, fiery, rash, extreme, and arrogant" is that I do have a temper and I certainly can be impatient at times, but DANGEROUS? Seriously?

According to the doctor (my mother was attending when she was pregnant) I should have been a Pisces. I believe him.

Pisces (The Fish) (mutable, water, universal): Keyword: "I believe". The Pisces person is compassionate, empathetic, imaginative, sensitive, mystical, spiritual, dreamy, passive, easy-going, idealistic, visionary, inspirational, accepting, undiscriminating, charitable, believes in soul growth, self-sacrificing and artistic. They can also sometimes be distracted, detached, illusory, impractical, gullible, neglectful, escapist and lazy. Suitable occupations are where compassionate and intuitive qualities are needed; such as caring for the sick, needy and animals, religious, social workers, hospitals and institutions, poets, writers, actors, psychics, and models. In medical astrology Pisces governs the feet and immune system. In astrology Pisces is ruled by the planets Jupiter and Neptune. The sun sign dates for Pisces are February 20 — March 20. The water form of Pisces is the ocean.

But luckily wikipedia states:
Astrologers consider each of the signs to represent an ideal type. In other words, no individual shows all of the characteristics of any one sign. Rather each person is a combination of many signs, which must be assessed as a whole in that person's horoscope or natal chart.
Ahh. Now I can go back to my normal life again. I wonder why I never really read horoscopes?


In case you want to check out your own astro sign.

No comments: