Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Easter:

Like I've said before (or at least I think I have mentioned it) I'm not that into holidays. But I guess what I meant was that I'm not into the religious parts of some holidays. Like Christmas - and now Easter.
I know the stories. But that's not why I celebrate - in fact I don't celebrate. But I do spend time with my family. And that's what matters - in my opinion.
Like this Easter. Usually we go about Easter in one of three ways. Either my dad’s birthday collides with Easter, or mine do or neither.
This Easter it's my father’s birthday. So we spend 3 days celebrating his birthday (tonight: my mom, dad, sister, brother-in-law and my nephew - and probably some of my parents neighbors; tomorrow: my mothers siblings + families for coffee, cakes etc in the afternoon; and Friday my fathers siblings + families for brunch).
And after three days with the entire family I'm actually quite pleased with living on my own. I'm pretty sure I need some me-time.

The Easters where there are no birthdays involved we usually spend with relatives anyway eating numerous Easter-meals. Which is quite cozy, but again... It's nice when it's over as well... (It's not that I don't like my family. It's just so damn big and loud that it should only be taken in very small doses. Hence the me-time. You head is all buzzing when you get home like if you went to a concert...)



One thing I enjoy about Easter is that everything seems to be 'rainbow-colored':






We used to paint eggs when I was little. But that's the only Easter tradition we really had (except for the family meals of course).

So what are you doing this Easter? Any traditions?

No comments: