Monday, April 6, 2009

Memory Monday:

I’ve dwelled at the 80s for quite some time when it comes to the music part.
After you have read/watched this I’m sure you’ll understand why ;o) It was not my finest decade music wise (or otherwise for that matter…)

So what did I listen to? Mostly music like this:

Snap – Rhythm is a Dancer (1992)


2 Unlimited – No Limit (1993)


Reel 2 Real – I like to move it (1994)


But also some Nirvana, Aerosmith, Guns’N’Roses, Jon Bon Jovi, Metallica…. But mostly the ballads.

And a lot of Danish artists you’ve probably never heard of. But also some you may have heard of. One of which made quite an impression all around the world especially when Martel sued them for the use of the name Barbie.

Aqua – Barbie Girl (1997)


We also have Cartoons


Cartoons – Doodah

What else did I listen to?

Culture Beat – Mr. Vain,
Dr. Alban – It’s My Life,
Cut’N’Move – Get Serious,
Hampenberg – Grab That Thing
- (yeah so I didn’t give the lyrics much thought back then…)

And any variation of Britpop.





Now you know.
Be kind.

2 comments:

Natazzz said...

Oh my. I thought my music taste used to be bad ;-)

You are only slightly making it better by adding "a selection of Britpop" as an after thought.

I used to be so into Britpop, especially Blur and Elastica.

Never cared much for the other stuff you're listing. But I don't really have a right to judge, as I used to be into boy bands...

Random said...

I did warn you! ;o)

What can I say? I was a confused and screwed up teenager ;o) With no (or little) taste in music what so ever...
Not that it has improved that much (if any). I'm one of the few (gay)people that actually likes Katy Perry's songs...