Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sapphic Sunday:

Sometimes a picture can say more than a 1000 words.

Or at least that's what I've heard.

I just found out that I'm missing a crucial woman/couple for my Sapphic Sundays (I don't know what I was thinking. Geez!)


Xena!
(In case you don't know who this is...)

Or Xena/Gabrielle!




Xena obviously have a HUGE (massive/gigantic/substantial/etc.) fan base.
And it's all there. Fan fiction, wallpapers, posters, art and of course the fan videos:



Or watch this one (can't be embedded): A day in the life of Xena and Gabrielle – with bath scene…

And the Xena Quotes ;o)
Part I:

Also watch Part II, Part III and Gabrielle Quotes Part I.

And you can always read up on the series at Wikipedia or IMDb.
Or learn more about Xena.

Or go get the DVD's....

Now, does a picture (several pictures) say more than a 1000 words?





Did anyone say subtext?

WARNING!! Randomness ahead:

Top 10 reasons why to watch Xena, Warrior Princess instead of Lord of the Rings:

3: When the heroes take a bath in LotR, they sing. When the heroes take a bath in XWP, we sing.
2: Frodo’s sidekick is a gardener. Xena’s sidekick is an Amazon queen.
1: Xena’s ring is larger and she’s not afraid to use it.

(The 7 other reasons are here). I just found the Top 3 most amusing.

Enjoy your Sunday.

No comments: