Saturday, February 14, 2009

Freaky Friday - and Happy Valentine's Day

I know it is Saturday. I also know it is Valentine’s Day, but I actually don’t care…




A few years ago people in this country were all like: ”Oh Valentine’s Day. It’s SO American!” (I’m pretty sure they would have called it ‘Gay’ too if it was a term we used here). “Why do we have to American-ize everything? Geez it’s all about spending money.”

Today everybody (i.e. people in their 40’s and younger) go all crazy at Valentine’s Day. Restaurants, Flower Shops, Gift Shops…heck – all shops. They go crazy too.
And if some poor bastard from the countryside hasn’t realized that February 14th is Valentine’s Day – well then he might just be single by the 15th. Because that’s how the girls roll.

I don’t celebrate. For several reasons.
And Yes, I am single but that’s not why. I didn’t celebrate when I was in a relationship either.



Back to Freaky Friday…

Jodie Foster (1976) or Lindsay Lohan - and Jamie Lee Curtis…(2003)


















It’s a tough choice.

I like Jodie Foster (and not just because of the fact that she lives - or used to live - with a woman).
I really enjoy her acting. And she has played a number of roles. From Nell to Dr. Ellie Arroway in Contact, or roles like Iris in Taxi Driver or Anna in Anna and the King.






But I really like Jamie Lee Curtis as well.
Halloween, Halloween H20, A Fish Called Wanda, Fierce Creatures and
True Lies (with Arnold Schwarzenegger) where she did a very hot (and totally funny) striptease.
If you want to watch the scene – go here – but be warned. It may not be suitable for minors…







Then there’s Lindsay Lohan… (I don’t care who she sleeps with either.)
She was adorable in The Parent Trap. I also liked Mean Girls and Herbie Fully Loaded.
















(Yes I do prefer her as a redhead...)




Often remakes of movies end very, very, very bad. In this case I think they did a pretty good job.

And if you twist my arm and make me choose.... I probably have to say: 2003. (I play the guitar - I've never played field hockey or been waterskiing).

No comments: