Saturday, February 28, 2009

The one where I went away...

So I'm off the Interweb for a week and I probably need two or three full days to catch up on everything.

And what did I do with my week?

I spend it with 20 other adults in a small cabin in the woods. (All students trying to educate ourselves as teachers - and our teacher).
To some this might sound really boring or even unbearable, but it was actually quite a good time. We didn’t spend much off our time in the cabin per say, we were out and about in the woods or other similar places in the area.
The last night we were having this big dinner party (well, as big as it can get, when you live in a cabin) and there were a lot of entertaining. At one point we were to take a quiz about each other and if we were wrong we got a secret assignment. And it was to be performed in a way that it was not obvious that it was the assignment we were doing.
The next morning one of the elder women (we were aged from 22 - 55) stood up and said, that because she had had a difficult time doing her assignment she would read it out load. Ta-da. Her assignment was to convince one of the opposite sex, that she was bisexual. She had no idea on how to do that. In my mind I went "WTF?".
Okay so maybe she didn't have a clue but I don't know whether I was more upset about the fact that she said what she said or that it was a assignment to 'pretend to be bisexual'. I didn't have the time to decide because people started making comments like: "Oh no, that would have been hard." or "I wouldn't know that either." or "I think I could have done it - but I'm not bisexual". So much for living in a liberal country. Then someone made a comment saying "Who the F*CK made this?" and I sort of snapped out of my trance. And we all went into a bit of a discussion about sexuality. I'm not out to these people, and I had no intention of coming out to them - at least not at that point.
Actually I think the assignment was supposed to have been giving to our teacher. She kind of reminds me of Brennan from "Bones" (and I mean this in the most respectful way). She's quite remarkable and very, very good at what she does (she's a biologist). Somehow I don' think she would have been freaked out by the assignment. It's more likely she would have seen it as an experiment in human behavior. I don't think she's bisexual though (but if she was she should definitely give me a call. She's kinda hot. I mean she is hot but in Bones kinda way... Bah. Like Annabelle I'm intrigued)
Anyway.

Besides that it was fun. Rough but fun.
And now I'm off to catch up on other blogs, YouTube, AfterEllen, eurOut... I'm in for a busy weekend.....
Enjoy yours.
Have fun.

No comments: