Monday, February 9, 2009

Memory Monday.

Not all my childhood movies/series involve loads and loads of beautiful women. Some involved animals, puppets and a lot of singing. All at once.

I owe a lot to Jim Henson.
He gave me (and a lot of other kids…) The Storyteller, Fraggle Rock and of course The Muppet Show.

The Storyteller: Intro...
Fraggle Rock - Fraggles: Dance your cares away…

Fraggle Rock - Gorg Junior:

Fraggle Rock - Doozers: Somehow I always imagined that the doozer sticks tasted like sugar... Muppet Show: It’s the Muppet Show… Yes it is … ;o)

Shows where humans and puppets worked together in creating a virtual world for kids like me to dream in. All you need is a little imagination!

From puppets to some even more geeky shows/series.

Knight Rider:
I’ve always wanted a car like K.I.T.T. Life would be so much easier. Other than that I really liked the fact that Michael (aka David Hasselhoff) wasn’t the one who did all the repairs. That was for Bonnie. She rocked!

Bonnie(Patricia McPherson):

Bonnie and K.I.T.T:

MacGyver:
What that man could do. I mean he practically only had his Swiss Army Knife and he could turn anything into props he could use in capturing ‘the bad guys’. Talk about using your brains as a weapon.

MacGyver:
And just because I couldn't resist: What would MacGyver do?


I watched superhero movies as a kid.
Superman:
The ones with Christopher Reeve (to me he is the ‘real’ Superman – even though some say the honour should go to George Reeves)
I admit that the sound effects, the special effects and (for some part) the acting is a whole lot better in the movies today. But I like those old movies.

Christopher Reeve:

And back then I found Lois Lane Margot Kidder really hot. I case you were wondering what she’s up to these days (not Lois Lane – she’s still writing for the Daily Planet) apparently Margot had a role in The L Word (Season 3, Episode 1). Why did I not notice her?
Margot Kidder as Lois Lane:

Batman:
Now a lot of Batman-movies and/or –series have been made. And I have watched most of them. (Although I have to admit that I haven’t seen The Dark Knight yet – I’ll get to it eventually...)
But there’s one edition I love more than any. It’s a rather old series from the 60’s. It features Batman and Robin. What’s so special about that edition then? It’s the comic additions. Every time they hit someone a cartooned sign with BAM or KAPOW or similar ‘action’ words pop up in the picture. And it may not be over-the-top effects but they are funny and they work. Putting some from the comics in the movie works!



And finally.
Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Harrison Ford aka Indiana Jones:


I loved them all but I especially enjoyed the second one with Kate Capshaw mother of Nadia…no wait….Dr. Arizona Robbins…damn not that either… Jessica Capshaw.

Kate Capshaw:

(On a side note: Kate has also played a lesbian in the movie A Girl Thing where she plays opposite Elle Macpherson. All Kate was worried about was whether 4 of her 7(!) kids watch her lesbian scenes…)

Jessica Capshaw:
(all right - technically she does not fit in here, but...)


I actually wanted to be an archaeologist because of Indiana Jones. That’s how much I love history. Unfortunately there’s not that big of a chance finding a job as an archaeologist around here…. So I’m settling for the second best – becoming a History teacher ;o)
I’m a geek… I know….

No comments: