Monday, February 16, 2009

Memory Monday.

Back to the movie/series/beautiful women.

Charlie’s Angels:
No!
I’m not talking about the movie(s) with Drew Barrymore, Lucy Liu and Cameron Diaz. (All though I like them as well…)
I’m talking about the series/show back in the 70’s and 80’s.



And one of the angels in particular.
Jaclyn Smith,
First of all, she was the only Angel that was in every season.
Secondly: What’s not to like about a series with powerful women.
Thirdly: She’s gorgeous.




Jaclyn Smith is also a breast cancer survivor.

So is my next actress/singer.
You may remember her from Grease but she has had a pretty amazing career even without John Travolta. I give you: Olivia Newton-John.
I loved her songs. Not just the ones from Grease.
Like Xanadu and Physical (I know there’s half naked men in the last video but wait it out. I’m sure you’ll like the ending…)




Other than Olivia Newton-John my favourite characters in Grease were, well, The Pink Ladies

_______
I’m not sure whether to give her most credit for The Man from Snowy River or Paradise because I liked them both. They have two thing in common. Horses and Sigrid Thornton



I couldn’t find a picture that looked like I remember her, but I found this.

_______________________
Grace Kelly.
Just because she’s Grace Kelly.

I remember visiting my father’s aunt and uncle and while the grown-up's talked my sister and I were allowed to watch television. Most of what was shown was Grace Kelly movies.
I didn't realize it then, but I'm pretty sure I had a crush on Grace Kelly when I was 5 or 6. She was so beautiful! And I remember when she died. (Maybe my memory isn't quite right, but if I have to compare Grace Kelly's death with anything it would have to be the death of Diana.) I also remember the fact that the whole world blamed her daughter Stéphanie for her death...



No comments: