Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sapphic Sunday:

I don’t know if this even is the right use for the word: Sapphic, but let me explain. By Sapphic I don’t necessarily mean gay women (although there may be a few of those in these posts).
Some have their Weekend Crush. I’m gonna go with Sapphic Sunday.
Actually I only chose the title because I liked the sound of it, so if it doesn’t make any sense to you, then… That’s too bad. ;o)

Every Sunday is a reminder of new week. Some are better than others - and you might know that in advance. So I figured that a little Sapphic Sunday would get me through the week.

For this first Sapphic Sunday I've decided to clear up some things. And let me start by saying: I don't know these two women personally, but:

Yes they are married. To each other. No! I don't have pictures off their wedding.

I'm talking about Karman Kregloe and Bridget McManus.




A few other questions I would like to answer at once are:
No! I don't know how old Karman is.
Yes. Bridget has a blog. It's called Comedy Double Standards and yes Karman has a blog called Running On Fumes and I do believe that even Karmans mother Gail has a blog called I’m Getting It.

Now....

Why these two?
It was Bridget who introduced me to AfterEllen. Sort of.
While surfing comedy on YouTube I came across Bridget McManus. And wanting to find out more about her, I googled which led me to AfterEllen where I soon discovered a whole bunch of amazing women. Including Karman Kregloe and their joined vlog You Can't Take Them Anywhere! - or YCTTA!. And of course Brunch with Bridget (where it all began - for me that is) and Dara and Karman’s Hit List.

Thee two have certainly made my week more than once.

No comments: