Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Lists, notebooks and other random things.

Although I thrive in chaos (which is visible if you’d seen my house…*sigh*) I can’t help but organizing my thoughts (sort of).

I have a thing for notebooks. Paper notebooks. And preferably hardcover ones. (Which by the way is called kinabog (– or kinabøger if there’s more than one) in Danish [roughly translated to Chinabook – Chinabooks – ] probably because they are made in China?)



Next to the library, bookstores are my favorites. I love the atmosphere there. All kinds of books, pens, paper, notebooks, folders, calendars, computer games, bags... All in one place. Yeah, I could go on and on about this. But I won’t. I promise.





Back to the notebooks.

I write a lot.

Short stories, scribbles, words, phrases. Whatever. [My secret dream is that I one day will actually be able to put all these things together and write a novel. But I also know that I’m nowhere near good enough to pull it off. That’s why it’s called a dream ;o) ]

But mostly I write lists to organize myself. (Someone once said that making lists was just an act of procrastination… I don’t know…)

I don’t think my world would function without my notebooks (Yes I have more than one. What? They are sorted by content…). I just didn’t know notebooks came as an app for computers as well.


Thanks to tedoe and eurOut I might just have to download Evernote (being a non-Mac’er and all that’s what I have to settle for. Maybe I should get a Mac next time? There seems to be a lot more apps for Mac.).

I was familiar with mind-maps, though. I use free mind or cmap tools for school stuff. [I work wonders when you have to sort out things in History… Or Science…]

But still. I don’t think I would ever forsake my paper notebooks. There’s just something compelling about writing by hand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love notebooks too, but since i am not an organized thought person i don't really use them even if i have them. so i guess i love the idea of the notebook more :).

i am definitely with you on the library and bookstore thing though.

Natazzz said...

I filled at least 3 of those exact black and red notebooks as in the picture when I still kept a diary in my late teens.