Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Music on a Wednesday:

According to my sister I have two problems when it comes to music (well more than two but those are the major ones in her opinion).

One is that I'm usually weeks, months or even years behind the rest of the world in discovering new songs/singers. (Probably because I don't listen to the radio that often.) So when I finally hear the song, everybody else is already growing tired of it.

The other is that whenever a song is a hit, the chances are that I won't like it - at first. But the more I hear the song, the better it sounds to me. So when I finally like the song, everybody else is already growing tired of it...

I guess I'm not good at doing things the way they are 'supposed' to be done ;o)


Anyway.
Just wanted to share a bit of Danish music with you.

Tina Dico - In The Red


Tina Dico - No Time To Sleep


I'm not religious. I'm not even sure I'm spiritual. But for some reason I love this song:

Tina Dickow - Hallelujah (Danish lyrics)


As for the English lyrics I prefer KD Lang’s version. (And I would love to hear Vonda Shepard give it a try.)

In case you were wondering; Tina Dickow is her real name. She performs under her real name in Denmark, abroad she is known as Tina Dico (in order to avoid mispronunciation by American English speakers - hear her explanation)

Tina Dico on MySpace

No comments: