Monday, May 11, 2009

Memory Monday – of a sort.

AfterEllen.com Hot 100 2009

Last year I was all new to this site – and furthermore new to the community. And as for the video countdowns – I didn’t know half of the people presenting the hotness of the Hot 100.
But after a whole year of watching vlogs and reading blogs (and not only on AfterEllen.com) I’ve gotten a hold on myself. And it’s kinda nice.

In the beginning I didn’t have a clue on what to do or what to say – or how to say it. Truth be told, I still don’t most of the time, but at least it’s not unfamiliar territory anymore.
Besides the confusion I felt (re-realizing I was gay – and probably more interested in women [if not solely interested in women] than men) it was also very difficult to seize the whole LGBT community at once. Actually I felt like I had moved to a foreign country where I didn’t know the language or the customs. It’s kind of difficult to describe. I guess it was more a question of fitting in. I’ve never quite fit into ‘the straight world’. But because it took me so long to address my ‘identity-problem’ I felt like I had no chance of fitting into ‘the gay world’.

I’m getting there, though.

Also I’m a very shy and very private person (at least in person…) around strangers. It’s usually mistaken for arrogance (and I totally get it because I’ve made the same mistake a few times). So I don’t easily make friends. [Fortunately I don’t blush as often as I did when I was younger. Shy and embarrassed doesn’t make a very good combination.]. But I enjoy my own company. It’s not like I’m antisocial or asocial. I like being around other people. Just not 20 people all the time. Being home is nice too.

Where am I going with this?
I have no idea.

But what I meant to say all along.

The AfterEllen Hot 100 2009 list is up sometime today.

And I’m all kinds of excited about it.
First of all, duh, 100 hot women!
But it’ll be fun to see which 100 hot women made the list this year. From what I read there seems to be a lot of new faces…

Like
Alexandra Hedison (TLW)



Yvonne Strahovski (Chuck)


and
Laura Sanchez (Los Hombres De Paco)



Can't wait!


EDIT: The list is up - and even though 5 of the women I voted for (in all 4 categories, that is) didn't make the list that still makes 20 of my votes on on the list. So I'm good ;o)
Now go check out the Hot 100 of 2009. It's a pretty impressive list!

No comments: